It is with pleasure we invite you to attend the Inaugural Australasia & Pacific Regional Mixed Methods International Research Association (MMIRA) 2019 Conference which will be held at Massey University, Wellington, New Zealand Wed 4 – Fri 6 December 2019. Click here to download the flyer.
Our objective is to bring together a multi-disciplinary group from across our region in order to;
- Identify new opportunities for collaborative partnerships
- Provide a venue for mixed methods researchers and practitioners to hear about current research in our region
- Through workshops provide an opportunity for mixed-methods researchers to share and enhance their skills and knowledge
- Provide an opportunity for students to showcase their research
- Establish the Australasia & Pacific MMIRA Regional Chapter
Our international keynote presenters are:
Prof. Pat Bazeley – Theorising integration: implications for practice
Associate Prof. Caryn West – Mixed Methods in cross-cultural situations
Prof. Elizabeth Creamer – Exploring Methodological Boundaries: Rotating Five Vantage Points about Mixed Methods Research
The Australasia and Pacific MMIRA 2019 Regional Conference will bring together a multi-disciplinary group of researchers, educators, practitioners, leaders and students who use a mixed-methods approach to understand complex problems. Current research from our region will be presented, new opportunities for strengthening the mixed-methods research network in the Australasian Pacific region will be provided and workshops will promote the transfer of skills and knowledge from experts in the field. We anticipate an attendance of 125 plus delegates.
The MMIRA 2019 Regional Conference will include the following interdisciplinary themes;
- Integrating methods across conceptual and methodological boundaries
- Mixed methods across cultures
- Addressing social complexity and wicked problems
- Migration of people within and across the Australasia & Pacific region
- Mixed methods in practice – managing the process
You will have opportunities to meet the experts with plenty of time to network with your colleagues.
The scientific programme is evolving, so watch this space as the team develop a comprehensive series of presentations to motivate and inspire you. The Call for Abstracts opens 1 February with the final programme available 1 July 2019.
Sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information, click here
On behalf of the organising committee, we look forward to welcoming you to Wellington.
Dr. Peter Rawlins and Dr. Tambri Housen Conference Convenors
CONFERENCE ORGANISING COMMITTEE
Dr Peter Rawlins – Massey University
Dr Tambri Housen – Australian National University
Prof Pat Bazeley – Western Sydney University
Dr Jennifer Litau – Pacific Adventist University
Dr Dev Raj Paudyal – University of Southern Queensland
Prof Ros Cameron – Australian Institute of Business
Assoc Prof Tracy Riley – Massey University